- Identity Operators
- Membership operators
1. Identity Operators
- We can use identity operators for address comparison.
- There are 2 identity operators are available
- is not
- r1 is r2 returns True if both r1 and r2 are pointing to the same object.
- r1 is not r2 returns True if both r1 and r2 are not pointing to the same object.
a=10 b=10 print(a is b) ==> True x=True y=True print( x is y) ==> True
x = 'Waytoeasylearn' y = 'Waytoeasylearn' a = [10,20,30] b = [10,20,30] print(x is y) ==> True # Output: False print(a is b) ==> False
We can use is operator for address comparison where as == operator for content comparison.
2. Membership Operators
- We can use Membership operators to check whether the given object present in the given collection. (It may be String, List, Set, Tuple OR Dict)
- In ==> Returns True if the given object present in the specified Collection
- not in ==> Returns True if the given object not present in the specified Collection.
x="Waytoeasylearn" print('e' in x) True print('d' in x) False print('d' not in x) True print('learn' in x) True