- SortedMap is the child interface of Map.
- If we want to represent a group of key-value pairs according to some sorting order of keys then we should go for SortedMap.
- Sorting is possible only based on the keys but not based on values.
- It defines the following 6 specific methods.
1. Comparator comparator( )
Produces the comparator used for this Map, or null for natural ordering.
2. Object firstKey( )
Produces the lowest key.
3. Object lastKey( )
Produces the highest key.
4. SortedMap subMap(fromKey, toKey)
Produces a view of this Map with keys from fromKey, inclusive, to toKey, exclusive.
5. SortedMap headMap(toKey)
Produces a view of this Map with keys less than toKey.
6. SortedMap tailMap(fromKey)
Produces a view of this Map with keys greater than or equal to fromKey.