- JDBC API provides DriverManager to our Java Application.
- Java Application can communicate with any Database with the help of DriverManager and Database Specific Driver.
- It is the Key Component in JDBC Architecture.
- DriverManager is a Java Class present in java.sql Package.
- It is responsible to manage all Database Drivers available in our System.
- DriverManager is responsible to register and unregister Database Drivers.
- DriverManager is responsible to establish Connection to the Database with the help of Driver Software.
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection (jdbcurl, username, pwd);
- It is the very Important Component of JDBC Architecture.
- Without Driver Software we cannot touch Database.
- It acts as Bridge between Java Application and Database.
- It is responsible to convert Java Calls into Database specific Calls and Database specific Calls into Java Calls.
- Java Application is Database Independent but Driver Software is Database Dependent. Because of Driver Software only Java Application will become Database Independent.
- Java Application is Platform Independent but JVM is Platform Dependent. Because of JVM only Java Application will become Platform Independent.