Features of Python
1. Simple and easy to learn
- Python is a simple programming language. When we read Python program,we can feel like reading English statements.
- The syntax’s are very simple and only 30+ keywords are available.
- When compared with other languages, we can write programs with very less number of lines. Hence more readability and simplicity.
- We can reduce development and cost of the project.
2. Freeware and Open Source
- We can use Python software without any license and it is freeware.
- Its source code is open, so that we can we can customize based on our requirement.
- E.g: Jython is customized version of Python to work with Java Applications.
3. High Level Programming language
- Python is high level programming language and hence it is programmer friendly language.
- Being a programmer we are not required to concentrate low level activities like memory management and security etc.
4. Platform Independent
- Once we write a Python program,it can run on any platform without rewriting once again.
- Internally PVM is responsible to convert into machine understandable form.
- Python programs are portable. i.e., we can migrate from one platform to another platform very easily. Python programs will provide same results on any platform.
6. Dynamically Typed
- In Python we are not required to declare type for variables. Whenever we are assigning the value, based on value, type will be allocated automatically. Hence Python is considered as dynamically typed language.
- But Java, C etc are Statically Typed Languages because we have to provide type at the beginning only.
- This dynamic typing nature will provide more flexibility to the programmer.
7. Both Procedure Oriented and Object Oriented
- Python language supports both Procedure oriented (like C, pascal etc) and object oriented (like C++, Java) features. Hence we can get benefits of both like security and reusability etc
- We are not required to compile Python programs explicitly. Internally Python interpreter will take care that compilation.
- If compilation fails interpreter raised syntax errors. Once compilation success then PVM (Python Virtual Machine) is responsible to execute.
- We can use other language programs in Python.
- The main advantages of this approach are:
- We can use already existing legacy non-Python code
- We can improve performance of the application
- We can use Python programs in any other language programs. i.e we can embedded Python programs anywhere.
11. Extensive Library
- Python has a rich inbuilt library.
- Being a programmer we can use this library directly and we are not responsible to implement the functionality. Etc.
Features of Python